Helping students achieve the dream of a college education
We are proud to support students who continually strive to learn and grow.
Dorothy Marvil Scholarship
The Support Education Foundation is proud to preserve Dorothy Marvil’s legacy by awarding scholarships to students pursuing a higher education. Dorothy taught for 18 years, and then served as an administrator of an elementary school before retiring from the Prince George’s County Board of Education. She was a passionate credit union advocate who felt strongly that the Credit Union could make a significant impact in the financial lives of the education community. As a volunteer of the Credit Union, she served as the Secretary on the Board of Directors from 1956 to 2002.
2019 Scholarship Recipients
- Andrew Karam, Anne Arundel County
- Michaela Hawkins, Calvert County
- Haley Shields, Charles County
- Lucas Frassrand, Montgomery County
- Sydney Bowie, Prince George’s County
- Finnegan O’Neill, St. Mary’s County
- Megan Kolakowski, Talbot County
- Tara O’Donnell, Frederick County
A one-time $3,000 scholarship is presented to eight students.1
The scholarship money can be used for tuition at a four-year university, community college, technical college or trade school.
- Applicants must be a member of Educational Systems FCU2
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Graduating high school senior
- Under the age of 21
Online applications will be available starting December 1, 2019.
2 Applicants must be members of Educational Systems FCU. Exceptions for membership eligibility may apply for applicants from counties outside of the seven counties we serve. Educational Systems FCU employees, volunteers and their family members are not eligible to apply.