Making a difference through education
We believe in helping educators continue to learn and grow.
Maurice Erly Professional Development Award
The Support Education Foundation is proud to preserve Maurice Erly’s legacy by awarding professional development awards to educators (administrators, teachers and support staff) who have made a difference by positively impacting student success and who aspire to further their own development. Mr. Erly retired from the Prince George’s County Board of Education after 38 years of service with over 25 of those years spent as the Coordinating Supervisor of Staff Development. Maurice was passionate about education and professional development. For over 44 years, Maurice served on the Educational Systems Federal Credit Union Board of Directors with 25 of those years as Treasurer.
2019 Award Recipients
- Lauren Grey-Hawkins, Anne Arundel County
- Susan Cross, Calvert County
- Linda Forrest, Charles County
- Brandi Umberger, Montgomery County
- Teresa Hayden, Prince George’s County
- Alexander David, St Mary’s County
- Melissa Johnson, Talbot County
- Christopher Ankey, College of Southern Maryland
- Dionne Brown, Prince George’s Community College
- Carmen Poston-Farmer, Montgomery College
A one-time $1,000 award is presented to 11 education employees.1
The award money can be used towards continuing education fees, such as workshop registrations, certification fees and tuition.
To be eligible, applicants must be a member of Educational Systems Federal Credit Union or the Support Education Foundation.2
Online applications will be available starting December 1, 2019.
2 Applicants must be members of Educational Systems FCU or the Support Education Foundation. Educational Systems FCU employees, volunteers and their family members are not eligible to apply.